Tuna With Lime And Chili Sauce-Quick and Easy Recipe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Total cooking time: 5 minutes
● ½ cup (25 g/¾ oz) chopped and firmly packed fresh mint leaves
● ½ cup (25 g/¾ oz) chopped fresh coriander leaves
● 1 teaspoon grated lime rind
● 1 tablespoon lime juice
● 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
● 1 jalapeño chili, seeded and finely chopped
● 1 cup (250 g/8 oz) low-fat natural yoghurt
● 4 tuna steaks
1 Combine the mint, coriander, lime rind, lime juice, ginger and chili in a small bowl. Fold in the yoghurt and season with salt and pepper.
2 Cook the tuna in an oiled chargrill pan or barbecue hotplate for 2 minutes each side. Serve with the sauce.
Nutrition per serve:
Protein 28 g; Fat 5 g; Carbohydrate 4 g;
Dietary Fibre 1 g; Cholesterol 55 mg;
800 kJ ( 200 cal)
Note: Jalapeño chilies are smooth and thick-fleshed and are available both red and green. They are quite fiery and you can use a less powerful variety of chili if you prefer.