TOP 4 Vitamins that helps to Stop Hair Loss
When you experience hair loss, it could be due to a number of factors which could be brought about by your environment, your health, or your genetic makeup. Hair loss is more problematic when it leads to a significant amount of hair being shed on a daily basis.
It can affect your physical appearance which may lead to loss of self-confidence or self-esteem. This problem is not incurable though as the body builds itself through the “materials” and “building blocks” that you provide it. All that you have to do is to know what it needs and then look for foods that will help you achieve it.
This vitamin had been considered as the most essential since it contributes to a wide range of biological processes in the body. From giving it the structural integrity that it needs to regulation body temperature, it is necessary to have a steady supply of this vitamin. Your body cannot produce it so you have to get either from the foods that you eat or from dietary supplements. You can get it as ascorbic acid or as sodium ascorbate which is the more alkaline form. So what are the functions of Vitamin C in relation to helping against hair loss?
- It is an essential element for providing structure to the hair strands and follicles. Vitamin C helps ensure strong strands as well as the integrity of your follicles for the proper growth and intake of nutrients.
- In one study, it helped prevent the production of proteins responsible for balding and increased the amount of growth hormones connected to hair growth.
- It is a powerful antioxidant which counters the aging process on the hair brought about by free radicals either from the environment or from natural biological processes.
One of the most common causes of hair loss is iron deficiency. Lack of iron will definitely lead to lack of nutrients to your hair since the blood’s hemoglobin requires iron to bring oxygen and other essential nutrients to your hair follicles.
Loss of iron can be due to medication, ailments, stress, lack of sleep, or malnutrition. Sometimes the loss can be so significant that it stops the natural hair growth process itself where instead of growing, the hair is ushered immediately to its “rest” period. If you consider any shampoo for hair growth their main ingredient would be iron vitamins which is responsible to strengthen the root and hair follicles
The B Vitamins or what is commonly known as B-Complex is often one of the cheapest supplements that you can buy in the pharmacy. With that said, you now know that hair loss treatment can be very affordable. These vitamins are water soluble which means that your body are going to lose them easily as they dissolve easily in your body after they had been used for biological processes. So what is the connection between these vitamins and hair growth?
- Biotin or Vitamin B5 helps to repair damaged hair which means that weak or brittle hair which is prone to hair fall will likely become stronger.
- It stimulates hair growth by enlarging the hair follicles which also leads to healthier and thicker hair.
- B vitamins help in the production of red blood cells which also means increased transportation of nutrients to the follicles.
Perhaps the easiest to acquire without even any prescription, this vitamin also acts as a hormone in the body. It helps in the absorption of calcium and improves the functioning of the immune system. So how does it help with hair loss?
- It stimulates receptors in the hair follicles which contributes to hair growth. When these receptors are not activated, it usually leads to hair loss in mice.
- It triggers hair growth by activating skin cells and hair follicles in the scalp. The action of activating calcium helps to regenerate even damaged cells.
The above are the best vitamins for hair growth and Moreover, When our body loses essential vitamins and nutrients on a daily basis but when the loss is substantial, the body will direct all the available nutrients to the more essential body processes. This results to the loss of nutrients for your hair, which the body deems as not a vital part of your daily biological needs.
Hence, you can experience a lot of hair fall after a rigorous examination in school, getting ill, or if you are going through some very difficult problems in your personal life. Hair loss can be a signal that your body is undergoing some serious deficiencies so you definitely have to stock up on your nutrient intake to help protect it against further damage.