Homemade Lavender Lemonade to Get Rid of Anxiety and Headaches
Adding some lavender in your homemade lemonade can do wonders for you and your nerves. Lavender oil is one of the gentles and most powerful oils that can improve your health. It contains more than 150 active compounds which makes the lavender oil the perfect healing oil. Lavender has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antidepressant, antimicrobial, analgesic, hypotensive, detoxifying and sedative properties.
A group of researchers have discovered that lavender can help relieve stress and reduce your anxiety levels. They also found that doing lavender aromatherapy before going to surgery reduced the patient’s anxiety and made them feel more relaxed.
Lavender oil has been also used in the medical field. It is used for reducing depression, fighting insomnia, improving your sleep and for easing labor pains.
The efficiency of lavender aromatherapy has been researched through a few clinical trials. The results showed that lavender can really decrease anxiety and can improve your mood.
Here’s what the researchers found:
- The researchers tested the anxiolytic activity of lavender oil aromatherapy in patients that were staying in intensive care. Patients received 1 session of lavender aromatherapy with only 1% lavender oil. Even after the 1st treatment, the researchers noted the significant anxiolytic effects.
- Researchers found that patients consider the scent of lavender to be really pleasant and that is related with the changes in the autonomic nervous system.
The hospital staff was also put on the lavender test. 85% of the staff said that lavender aroma has really improved their working environment and reduced their stress levels.
- The research have shown that people who received lavender oil olfaction for at least 3 minutes, decreased their anxiety levels, their mood improved; they felt more relaxed and they were more alert.
- The researchers also tested how lavender aromatherapy can influence depression and anxiety in female patients that were treated from chronic hemodialysis. The results were astonishing. Lavender aromatherapy significantly reduced the patients anxiety levels which makes lavender the best noninvasive treatment for hemodialysis patients.
- Lavender aromatherapy or a simple massage with lavender oil can reduce pain.
DIY: Lavender Lemonade with Lavender Essential Oil
- 12 cups water
- 1 cup honey
- Juice from 6 squeezed lemons
- 1 drop lavender essential oil
- Lavender sprigs for garnish
Mix all ingredients well and put them in the fridge to cool. Add some lavender sprigs for garnishing. Enjoy!
SUBSCRIBE TO HEALTHY FOOD HOME
Get Interesting Stuff and Updates to Your Email Inbox
10 000+ Monthly Readers
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.