Heart Deadly and Healthy Foods
Heart Deadly Foods
1. Extra Butter Popcorn: 7 times more trans fat than recommended daily.
2. Cinnabon: contains nearly an entire day’s worth of fat.
3. Taco Bell Salad: As much saturated fat as 37 strips of bacon.
4. Biscuits and Gravy: More than two-thirds of a days worth of sodium.
5. Canned Peaches: More than double the amount of sugar than a fresh peach.
6. Cheeseburger: Equivalent of 4 Dunkin’ Donuts Sugar Donuts.
7. Deep Dish Pizza: Contains twice the amount of daily trans fat.
Heart Healthy Foods
1. Salmon: Omega 3 in salmon helps prevent heart disease.
2. Kidney Beans: High in fiber and lowers cholesterol.
3. Almonds: Protects artery walls from damage.
4. Oatmeal: Lowers the rise in blood sugar after meals.
5. Flaxseed: Prevents hardening of the arteries.
6. Walnuts: Helps cholesterol, blood pressure and inflammation.
7. Broccoli: Can lower cholesterol and help facilitate digestion.
8. Tuna: Aids in the prevention of irregular heart rhythms.
9. Carrots: Improves vision and helps prevent heart disease.
10. Blueberries: Antioxidants/fiber helps prevent heart disease.