Goji Berries – The Cure-It-All Berries
Goji berries, often called “the cure-it-all berries” are a super antioxidant rich fruit with enormous health benefits. Native to the Himalayan Mountains, the goji berry also grow in many other parts of the world. This super-food in Asia, known as the wolfberry, has been eaten for generations thanks to the surprisingly positive health effects.
Health Benefits of Goji Berries:
- Improving the Quality of Your Sleep: The melatonin in these berries, can significantly affect your body’s internal clock, while improving the quality of your sleep. New research explains that melatonin helps control your natural sleep-wake cycles.
- Prevention of cancer: Antioxidants are present in many berries, but Goji berries are one of the highest sources of antioxidant. The antioxidants can help your body fight oxidative stress. With the destructive effects of Oxidative stress it is believed to cause a number of diseases, as well as many types of cancer.
- Improve your eyesight: Goji berries also have compounds rich in vitamin A, beta-carotene and zeaxanthin.It keeps the eyes healthy and offers natural treatments for macular degeneration and other diseases concerning the eye.
- -Heart’s health benefits: Goji berries are an excellent choice because they are good for the heart and they are a rich source of antioxidants which helps preventing plaque from being formed in the arteries and thus reducing the effect of excess LDL cholesterol in the blood. Very high blood levels of cholesterol also increase the risk of heart disease. According to the American Heart Association, high cholesterol is the primary cause of heart disease, heart attack and stroke. Also recent studies show that barriers can reduce the risk of heart attack in women.
- Stress relief– Cortisol is a hormone released in response to fear or stress, luckily Goji berries reduce the amount of cortisol which creates a more relaxed state of mind and body.
SUBSCRIBE TO HEALTHY FOOD HOME
Get Interesting Stuff and Updates to Your Email Inbox
10 000+ Monthly Readers
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.