Common Signs Of Fibromyalgia You Should Be Aware Of
Fibromyalgia is a disease that affects more than 10 million Americans. Many people are not even aware that they have it. Also, a lot of doctors can’t recognise the fibromyalgia in their patients and often misdiagnose them.
So, it is important to recognise the symptoms, and relieve yourself from the pain.
The condition itself can’t be cured, however, there are some medicines, exercises, and cognitive behavioural therapies.
The first thing that comes into people’s minds is the pain in the muscles.
Those who suffer from this disease feel tenderness to touch which spreads in their body. This condition affects the patients’ mental and physical health.
CAUSES AND DIAGNOSIS
The causes for fibromyalgia are still unknown. The condition can’t be prevented, but can be controlled. You just have to be sure that you have it.
There isn’t a specific test which determines whether you have fibromyalgia. The doctor will usually ask the patients if they have some of the symptoms.
There are few tests such as blood count, antinuclear antibody, thyroid test, rheumatoid factor, MRI, erythrocyte sedimentation rate, and X-rays.
Take a look at the most common symptoms, and if you notice you have few or more of them you should visit your doctor.
MUSCLE AND BODY
- Morning stiffness
- Tender and lumpy breasts
- Muscle twitching
- Pain which spreads to other parts of the body
PROBLEMS WITH SLEEPING
- Grinding teeth
- Hypnic jerk (the feeling of falling while sleeping)
- Muscle twitching during sleep
- Difficulty sleeping/Broken sleeping pattern
SINUS & ALLERGY PROBLEMS
- Thick mucus
- Ringing ears
- Earaches and itchy ears
- A runny nose as well as post nasal drip
- Sensitivity to molds and yeasts
- Shortness of breath
- Frequent urination
- Irritable Bowel Sydrome
- Pelvic pain
- Abdominal cramps
SENSITIVITY AND SENSORY PROBLEMS
- High sensitivity to light, smells, climate changes, noise, temperature and pressure
- Difficulty seeing in night driving and low lighting
- Poor balance and coordination
- Directional difficulties
- Language impairments
- Tingling in the upper limbs
- Difficulty with concentration
- Loss of libido
- Irregular heartbeat
- Valve problems
- Pain similar to a heart attack
SKIN, HAIR, AND NAILS
- Overly-ridged nails
- Skin which scars or bruises easily
- Hair loss
MENTAL HEALTH ISSUES
- Mood swings
- Depression, anxiety, panic attacks
- Family history
- Sugar cravings
- Unexplained weight loss or weight gain
- Vision problems
These signs can overlap with some other diseases, so don’t conclude anything by yourself. Consult your doctor for further instructions.
NATURAL TREATMENT FOR FIBROMYALGIA
- take deep breaths
- do yoga
- go to massages
- use acupuncture
- practice tai chi
- use herbs such as turmeric, ginger and garlic
- eat whole, organic, anti-inflammatory foods
- take magnesium, vitamin D and vitamin B12 supplements